The study aimed to identify the role of intellectual capital management and the requirements of sustainable development in universities, and to identify the determinants and difficulties faced by intellectual capital and their relationship to sustainable development. The researchers used descriptive analytical method for its relevance to this study. A set of questionnaire was developed to collect data from the study population. The most important results obtained were: The intellectual capital training contributes significantly and effectively to creating new teaching methods at the university, as it is an important factor for the transfer and exchange of experiences and knowledge. The diversity of educational programmers at the university contributed to the process of sustainable development. University intellectuals participated in seminars held by organizations that concern about sustainable development, and in specialized forums to acquire about almost everything that is new in the world of knowledge. The university's strategies in the field of sustainable development are not clear, and that it does not attract human elements who have experience in the field of strategic planning for sustainable development, and The university has little information that is characterized by accuracy on the subject of sustainable development and the lack of clear and specific standards and criteria to measure its intellectual capital. The study made several important recommendations, the most important of which were: The need for the university administration to pay attention to the method of teamwork and the participation of employees in it when making decisions that concern them. The university needs to set clear scientific standards to measure and evaluate its intellectual capital and to focus on training programmers aimed at sustainable development. In addition, it needs to add specialized scientific courses for sustainable development within its educational programmers, and that the university administration should develop clear strategic plans based on principles of sustainable development.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Ahmadi, F. Parivizi, B. Meyhami, B. Ziaee, M (2012): Intellectual Capital Accounting and its Role in Creating Competitive Advantage at the University. IJCRB, Iran.
- Constantin, B. (2010): the Intellectual Capital Of Universities Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest.
- Danish Ministry Of Science, Technology And Innovation (2003): Intellectual Capital Statements – The New Guideline, Danish Ministry Of Science, Technology And Innovation, Copenhagen.
- Dawe, G. Jucker, R. Martin,S (2005): Sustainable Development in Higher Education: Current Practice and Future Development. Kingston University. UK.
- Drayson,R. Bon,E. Agombar,J (2013): Student Attitudes Towards And Skills For Sustainable Development, The Higher Education Academy, UK
- Fazlagi, Amir (2006): Measuring the Intellectual Capital of a University the Pazan University of Economic, Poland.
- Filho,walter (2012): About the Role of Universities and Their Contribution to Sustainable Development, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany.
- Hasna, Abdallah (2007). "Dimensions of sustainability". Journal of Engineering for Sustainable Development: Energy, Environment, and Health 2 (1): 47–57.
- Lansu, A. Sloep, J. Mieras, R (2010): Learning in Networks for Sustainable Development, Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Networked Learning, Centre for Learning Sciences and Technologies, Open Universities, the Netherlands.
- Malhotra، Narsh، Marketing Research، 2007، Pearson Education، Prentice-Hall Inc. New Jersey.
- Mention, Anne (2012): Intellectual Capital, Innovation and Performance: A Systematic Review of the Literature, Business and Economic Research, Vol, 2, No.,
- Ramírez Córcoles, (2012): Intellectual Capital Management And Reporting In European Higher Education Institutions, Universidad De Castilla La Mancha (Spain).
- Ramirez, Yolada. Tejada, Andel, Silvia Godillo (2013): Racogition of Intellectual Capital Importance in The University Setor.
- Sanchez, P. Elena, S. Castrilla, R (2009): Intellectual Capital Dynamics in Universities: a reporting model, Journal of Intellectual Capital, vol, 10, No2, spain.
- Schmidt, H.G (2010): Sustainability in Higher Education An explorative Approach on Sustainable Behavior in Two Universities, Ph.D Thesis, Rotterdam University.
- Sharaf, M. Abbaspour, A (2013): Relationship between Intellectual Capital and Function in Universities and Higher Education , Institutes, Danesh Afarand Zistagen. Co. IRAN.
- Tilbury, Daniella (2012): Higher Education for Sustainability: A Global Overview of Commitment and Progress, Palgave Barcebna, ISBN.
- UNESCO World Conference on Education For Sustainable Development, 2009, 31 March- 2 April, Boon, Germany