Rural tourism is a type of tourism for the use of rural areas in the country for touristic purposes. Natural resources in rural areas have a remarkable feature for both tourists and tourism establishments. Encouraging tourism entrepreneurship, especially in areas with underdeveloped and small businesses, contributes to the realization of development in rural areas. The importance of rural tourism has been recognized in many countries around the world and studies have begun on this subject. The World Tourism Organization has launched the best tourism villages initiative for tourism development in rural areas. In 2021, Mustafapasa village of Nevsehir and Taraklı district from Sakarya received the best tourism villages initiative award from Turkey. In this study, the best tourism villages initiative Mustafapasa and Taraklı are examined within the scope of rural tourism
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Alvaro , JJV ., Jimenez , JM, and Martinez , F.J.S. (2017). Rural tourism: Development, management and sustainability in rural establishments. Sustainability, 9 (818), 1-8.
- Avcikurt , C. , Koroğlu, O. (2008). Kırsal Turizm. C. Avcıkurt ve N. Hacıoğlu (Ed.) Turistik Ürün Çeşitlendirmesi (pp.61-83). Ankara: Nobel.
- Aydın, E. and Selvi, M.S. (2012) The Role of local stakeholders in the promotion of rural tourism: The case of Arhavi. International Journal of Social and Economic Sciences, 2/2, 133-144.
- Bramwell B., and Lane, B. (2000). Collaboration and Partnerships in Tourism Planning Of Tourism Collaboration and Partnerships: Politics, Practice and Sustainability, B. Bramwell and B. Lane ., Eds ., pp. 1–19. Cleveland: Channel View.
- Cengiz, G. and Akkus, C. (2012). Improvement of the locals within rural Tourism: Erzurum Case. KMU Journal of Social and Economic Researches, 14 (22), 61-74.
- Embacher, H. (1994). Marketing for agri-tourism in Austria: Strategy and realization in a highly developed tourist destination. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2, 61–76.
- Fleischer, A., and Felenstein, D. (2000). Support for rural tourism; does it make a difference?
- Annals of Tourism Research, 27(4), 1007–1024.
- Fleischer, A., and Pizam, A. (1997). Rural tourism in Israel. Tourism Management, 18(6), 367–372.
- Gannon, A. (1994). Rural tourism is a factor in rural community economic development for economies in transition. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2(1+2), 51–60.
- Garrod, B., R. Wornell, and R. Youell. (2006). Re-conceptualizing rural resources as countryside capital: The case of rural tourism. Journal of Rural Studies, 22,117–128.
- Hacıoglu, N. and Avcikurt, C. (2008). Turistik Ürün Çeşitlendirmesi. Ankara: Nobel Yayıncılık.
- Hajalager, A. (1996). Agricultural diversification into tourism: Evidence of a European community development program. Tourism Management, 17(2), 103–111.
- Hall, C. (1999) Rethinking collaboration and partnership: A public policy perspective. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 7, 274–289.
- Holden, A. (2005). Achieving a Sustainable relationship between common pool resources and tourism: The role of environmental ethics. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 13, 339–352.
- Kieselbach, S. and Long, P. (1990). Tourism and the rural revitalization movement. Parks and Recreation, 25(3), 62–66.
- Lane, B. (1994). Sustainable rural tourism strategies: A tool for development and conservation of rural tourism and sustainable rural development, B. Bramwell and B. Lane, Ed., (pp. 102–111). Cleveland: Channel View.
- MacDonald, R., and L. Jolliffe (2003). Cultural rural tourism: Evidence from Canada. Annals of Tourism Research, 30, 307–322.
- Nevşehir Provincial Directorate of Culture and Tourism, 2022. https://nevsehir.ktb.gov.tr/ Access Date: 15.04.2022
- OECD (1994). Tourism Strategies and Rural Development. Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development. Paris.
- Ozcan, K. (2017). A Conservation strategy of Rural heritage to my chest Village, Bodrum.
- Journal of National Folklore, 29(113), 40-53.
- Perales, RMY., (2002). Rural tourism in Spain. Annals of Tourism Research, 29(4), 1101-1110. Pevetz, W. (1991). Agriculture and tourism in Austria. Tourism Recreation Research, 16, 57-
- Pina. IPA., Delta, TDM (2005). Rural Tourism demand by type of accommodation. Tourism Management, 26 (6), 951-959.
- Roberts, L. (1996). Barriers to The Development of Rural Tourism in The Bran Area of Transylvania. In M. Robinson, N. Evans, and P. Callaghan (Eds.), Tourism and Culture: Image, identity and marketing (pp. 185–196). Sunderland: Business Education Publishers.
- Saxena, G. (2005). Relationships, networks and the learning regions: Case evidence from the peak district national park. Tourism Management 26, 277–289.
- Sharply, R. (2002). Rural tourism and the challenge of tourism diversification: the case of Cyprus. Tourism Management, 23, 233–244.
- Sahrpley, R. and Roberts, L. (2004). Rural tourism 10 years on. International Journal of Tourism Research, 6, 119–124.
- Simmons, D. (1994). Community participation in tourism planning. Tourism Management 15, 98–107.
- Soykan, F. (2003). Rural tourism and its importance for Turkish Tourism. Aegean Geographical Journal, 12, 1-11.
- Stonich, S. (1998). Political ecology of tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 25, 25–54. Water, B. (2012). Rural tourism in China. Tourism Management, 32, 1438-1441.
- Ter, Ü., Ozcan, K. and Eryigit, S. (2014). Cultural heritage conservation Of traditional Environments: Case Of Mustafapasa (Sinasos), Turkey. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 140, 138 – 144.
- Thibal, S. (1988). Rural tourism in Europe. Strasbourg: Council of Europe.
- Ürgüp District Governorship, 2022. http://www.urgup.gov.tr/ Access Date: 15.04.2022
- World Tourism Organization, Rural Tourism in Europe: Experiences, Development and Perspectives, 2005, pp.13
- www.tarakli.bel.tr access date: 26.04.2022 www.untwo.org access date: 26.04.2022
- https://www.unwto.org/rural-tourism Access Date: 22.02.2022