Postoperative nausea and vomiting (PONV) remains a matter of concern for surgeons as they induce dehydration, metabolic abnormalities, delayed recovery, and other problems. It has been shown that dexamethasone can contribute to the reduction of postoperative symptoms. Therefore, this study aimed to evaluate the protective role of dexamethasone in reducing postoperative nausea and vomiting in patients who underwent laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) through comparison with antiemetic metoclopramide
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- Habash MM, Sultan AI, Ghareeb OA. Surgical Outcomes of LigaSure Bipolar Device versus
- Conventional Technique in Total Thyroidectomy. Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine.
- Jan;13(2) :119-23.
- - Faiq TN, Ghareeb OA. Endoscopic Management of Orbital Diseases of Sinus Origin: A case series.
- Annals of the Romanian Society for Cell Biology. 2021 Jun 6; 25 (6) : 8755-8761.
- - Habash MM, Thabet RF, Abood AM, Ghareeb OA. Comparative Study between Open and
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy in Acute Appendicitis. The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine.
- Oct 1;89(2):7567-7570.
- - Sultan AI, Ali SH, Ghareeb OA. Port Site Consequences After Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using
- an Open Versus Closed Approach of Pneumoperitoneum. Cureus. 2022 Jul 1;14(7).
- - Reitano E, De'Angelis N, Schembari E, Carrà MC, Francone E, Gentilli S, La Greca G. Learning
- curve for laparoscopic cholecystectomy has not been defined: a systematic review. ANZ Journal of
- Surgery. 2021 Sep;91(9):E554-60.
- - Sultan AI, Saadi RK, Habash MM, Ghareeb OA. Outcomes of Symptomatic Gallstone Disease in
- Pregnant Women: A Retrospective Study. Journal of Population Therapeutics and Clinical
- Pharmacology. 2023 Feb 11;30(2):1-7.
- - Taher GN, Ghareeb OA. Assessment of Hepatic Biochemical Indices in Patients with Acute
- Cholecystitis. Eurasian Medical Research Periodical. 2022 Oct 14;13:94-100.
- - Gress K, Urits I, Viswanath O, Urman RD. Clinical and economic burden of postoperative nausea
- and vomiting: Analysis of existing cost data. Best Practice & Research Clinical Anaesthesiology.
- Dec 1;34(4):681-6.
- - Amirshahi M, Behnamfar N, Badakhsh M, Rafiemanesh H, Keikhaie KR, Sheyback M, Sari M.
- Prevalence of postoperative nausea and vomiting: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Saudi
- journal of anaesthesia. 2020 Jan;14(1):48.
- - Sridharan K, Sivaramakrishnan G. Drugs for preventing post-operative nausea and vomiting in
- patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy: Network meta-analysis of randomized clinical
- trials and trial sequential analysis. International Journal of Surgery. 2019 Sep;69:1-2.
- - Denholm L, Gallagher G. Physiology and pharmacology of nausea and vomiting. Anaesthesia &
- Intensive Care Medicine. 2018 Sep 1;19(9):513-6.
- - Habib AS, Gan TJ. What Is the Best Strategy for Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting?.
- In Evidence-Based Practice of Anesthesiology 2022 Jan 1 : 241-247.
- - Kwak KH. PONV prevention: still not enough. Korean journal of anesthesiology. 2017 Sep
- - Kokubo M, Nozaka T, Takahashi Y. New method of flush saphenofemoral ligation that is expected
- to inhibit varicose vein recurrence in the groin: Flush ligation using the avulsion technique method.
- Annals of Vascular Diseases. 2018 Sep 25;11(3):286-91.
- - Turgut HC, Arslan M. An overview of treatment options for postoperative nausea and vomiting after
- laparoscopic surgical procedures. Anaesthesia, Pain & Intensive Care. 2019 Jan 24:193-200.
- - Romano C, Dipasquale V, Scarpignato C. Antiemetic drug use in children: what the clinician needs
- to know. Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition. 2019 Apr 1;68(4):466-71.
- - Ciobotaru OR, Lupu MN, Rebegea L, Ciobotaru OC, Duca OM, Tatu AL, Voinescu CD, Stoleriu G,
- Earar K, Miulescu M. Dexamethasone-chemical structure and mechanisms of action in prophylaxis
- of postoperative side effects. Rev Chim (Bucharest). 2019 Mar 1;70(3):843-7.