In the world, there are more than 350 million people infected with the hepatitis B virus, of which 15-25% (750 thousand) die each year due to the development of complications of liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. The proportion of patients with HBV who have a concomitant delta agent that dramatically complicates its natural course varies from less than 1% to more than 10% in different populations. Worldwide, 20 million people may be infected with hepatitis delta virus. According to expert estimates in the Republic of Uzbekistan, screening studies in risk groups in 2014 revealed the presence of HBsAg in 2.3% of the population. Among pregnant women and blood donors, the prevalence of HBV is 1.3% in 2021 and 1.2% in 2022, respectively. Given the fact that HDV RNA cannot replicate without contamination by HBsAg, the endemicity of HDV should directly depend on the prevalence of HBV in the country. However, according to current epidemiological studies, this relationship is not natural and the areas of circulation of the delta agent do not correspond to the prevalence of HBV.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: Management of chronic hepatitis B virus infection. J. Hepatol. 2012; 57:167–185.
- Abdurahmanov D.T., Chronic hepatitis B and D, M., GEOTAR Media, 2010; 288 p.
- Rizzetto M., Alessia C. Epidemiology of Hepatitis D. Semin. Liver. Dis. 2012; 32:211–219.
- Obloqulov, A. R., Oblokulova, Z. I., Elmurodova, A. A., & Farmanova, M. A. (2020). Virologic response in the treatment of infection with antiviral drugs. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 9(9), 87-92.
- Degertekin H, Yalçin K, Yakut M, Yurdaydin C. Seropositivity for delta hepatitis in patients with chronic hepatitis B and liver cirrhosis in Turkey: a meta-analysis. Liver Int. 2008; 28(4):494-8.
- Elmurodova A.A. (2022). Specific Features of the Hemostatic System in Covid-19. Central Asian Journal of Medical and Natural Science, 3(2), 82-85. Retrieved from https://cajmns.centralasianstudies.org/index.php/CAJMNS/article/view/627
- Elmurodova A.A. (2021). Significance of Clinical Symptoms in Assessing the Severity and Prognosis of the Course of Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever. Central Asian Journal of Medical and Natural Science, 35-37. https://doi.org/10.47494/cajmns.vi0.344
- Amosov A. D., Hepatitis B: inform.-method. Posobie, A. D. Amosov. M., 2006; pp. 100-103.
- Kaliaskarova K.S., Primenenie Pegintrona pri 1b genotipe hronicheskogo
- gepatita S u kazahov (The use of Pegintron at 1b genotype of chronic hepatitis C in Kazakhs), Meditsinskiy vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza, 2008; 3:13-14.
- Rizzetto M. Hepatitis D: Thirty years after. J. Hepatol. 2009; 50:1043–1050.
- Wedemeyer H., Manns M. Epidemiology, pathogenesis and management of hepatitis D: update and challenges ahead. Nat. Rev. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2010; 7:31.
- Wedemeyer H., Yurdaydin C., Dalekos G. et al. Peginterferon plus Adefovir versus either drug alone for hepatitis delta. NEJM. 201; 364:322–331.
- Rizzetto M, Niro GA. Myrcludex B, a novel therapy for chronic hepatitis D?. Journal of hepatology. 2016 Sep 1; 65(3): 465- 6.
- Elmuradova A.A., Kosimova D.S., Shadieva N.Sh. (2020). The contribution of abu ali ibn sino to the development of phytotherapy. A new day in medicine, (4), 604-606