The paper deals with the issues of choosing a learning path in the Smart-education environment. A methodology for choosing a path based on the use of decision support methods is proposed, which allows using both the experience and knowledge of experts in various areas of organization and provision of the educational process, and the wishes of the student himself. The proposed methodology allows you to automate the process of choosing the most rational learning path and reduce the time to make a decision.
Smart environment decision minimum
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
How to Cite
Sameer Saud Dakhel, Rasha Muhseen Hadi, & Khalid Mahdi Salih. (2022). Automating the choice of the educational path in the Smarteducation environment. Texas Journal of Engineering and Technology, 10, 1–9. Retrieved from https://zienjournals.com/index.php/tjet/article/view/2096
- Barron B, "Interest and self-sustained learning as catalysts of development: A learning ecology perspective," Hum. Dev, vol. 49(4), pp. 193-224, 2006.
- Chatti M.A, Agustiawan M.R, Jarke M, and Specht M, "Toward a Personal Learning Environment Framework," Int. J. Virtual. Pers. Learn. Environ, vol. 1(4), pp. 66-85, 2010.
- Andrade H and Du Y, "Knowing what counts and thinking about quality: students report on how they use rubrics," Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation, vol. 10(4), pp. 57-59, 2005.
- Garcia J.A and Floyd C.E, "Using single system design for student self-assessment: a method for enhancing practice and integrating curriculum," Journal of Social Work Education, vol. 35(3), pp. 451-458, 1999.
- Kirschner P.A and Van Merrienboer J.J, "Do learners really know best? urban legends in education," Educational Psychologist, vol. 48(3), pp. 169-183, 2013.
- Hwang G.J, "Definition, framework and research issues of smart learning environments-a context-aware ubiquitous learning perspective," Smart Learn Environ, vol. 1(1), pp. 1-14, 2014.
- Pons P, Catala A, and Jaen J, "Customizing smart environments: A tabletop approach," J. Ambient Intell. Smart Environ, vol. 7(4), pp. 511-533, 2015.
- Rogers D.L. (2000) www.editlib.org/p/8058/article_8058.pdf. [Online]. A paradigm shift: Technology Integration for Higher Education in the New Millennium. Educational Technology Review, pp 19-33, 2000.
- Kang S.C and Dossick C.S, "Smart education method, technology and environment," Int. J. Autom. Smart Technol., vol. 5, pp. 113-114, 2015.
- Zhu Z.T, Yu M.H, and Riezebos P, "A research framework of smart education," Smart Learn. Environ, 2016.