The concentrations and main sources of Cd elements were determined seasonally in leaf plant species Eucalyptus camaldulensis and soil surrounding it at three stations near the Tigris River Samarra city/Iraq during the period from January 2022 to July 2022 . The results showed that the highest mean concentration of Cd in leaf at was (3.013 ng/g dry weight ) in E. camaldulensis and it was (4.906 ng/g in soil . Seasonal variation of Cd concentration showed that the highest mean concentrations were recorded in Spring (3.004 ng/g dry weight) at E. camaldulensis ,while the lowest mean concentrations were recorded in January (1.99 ng/g dry weight) in soil . According to Cd indices evaluating the potential ecological risks resulting from soil and plant pollution with cadmium and determining pollution levels was using enrichment, pollution and geochemical accumulation factors to determine ecological risks using the factors of potential and unilateral environmental risk factor.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Alloway, B. J. (2004).Contamination of soils in domestic gardens and allotments. A brief overview. Land Contamination & Reclamation j. 12(3): 179-187.
- Ajmi ,R,N,(2006).Effects Air pollution in some of plants in Baghdad city ,M.Sc. Thesis, University of Mustansariyah ,Iraq. 65 pp.
- Alamgir, M., Shahid, S., Hazarika, M. K., Nashrrullah, S., Harun, S. B., & Shamsudin, S. (2015). Analysis of meteorological drought pattern during different climatic and cropping seasons in Bangladesh. JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association, 51(3), 794-806.
- Clarke N, Gundersen P, Jönsson-Belyazid U, Kjønaas OJ, Persson T, Sigurdsson BD, Stupak I, Vesterdal L (2015) Influence of different tree-harvesting intensities on forest soil carbon stocks in boreal and northern temperate forest ecosystems. For Ecol Manag 351:9–19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2015.04.034.
- Douay, F., Roussel, H., Fourrier, H. et al. Investigation of heavy metal concentrations on urban soils, dust and vegetables nearby a former smelter site in Mortagne du Nord, Northern France. J Soils Sediments 7, 143–146 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1065/jss2007.02.205.
- Foucault, Y., Durand, M. J., Tack, K., Schreck, E., Geret, F., Leveque, T., et al. (2013). Use of ecotoxicity test and ecoscores to improve the management of polluted soils: Case of a secondary lead smelter plant. J. Hazard. Mat. 246, 291–299.
- Kabata-Pendias, A. and Pendias, H. (2001) Trace Elements in Soils and Plants. 3rd Edition, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 403 p.
- Koza A , Moshynets O, Otten Wet al. . Environmental modification and niche construction: Developing O2 gradients drive the evolution of the Wrinkly Spreader. ISME J2011;5:665–73.
- Lamble, J. L. and Steve, J. H.: 1998, ‘Microwave Digestion Procedures for Environmental Matrices’, Analyst. 120, 413–417.
- Liu, X. Dong, and Y. Liu, “Changes of NPP and their relationship to climate factors based on the transformation of different scales in Gansu, China,” CATENA, vol. 125, pp. 190–199, 2015.
- Lu, J.Gabriel A. Vecchi and Thomas Reichler. (2007). Expansion of the Hadley cell under global warming. GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH LETTERS, VOL. 34, L06805, doi:10.1029/2006GL028443, 20071Climate and Global Dynamics Division, National Center forAtmospheric Research, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research,Boulder.
- Reyam Naji Ajmi (2019) .Estimation Free Cyanide on the Sites Exposed of Organisms Mortality in Sura River /November 2018 ,Journal of Global Pharma Technology|2019| Vol. 11| Issue 03 |100-105.
- Reyam Naji Ajmi (2018).Monitoring (Biodiversity) Aquatic Plants of Iraqi Marshland. Journal of Global Pharma Technology; 10(03):381-386, ISSN: 0975 -8542.
- Szolnoki Z, Farsang A, Puskas I (2013) Cumulative impacts of human activities on urban garden soils: origin and accumulation of metals. Environ Pollut 177:106–115.
- -World Health Organization, Ammonia in drinking water-background document for development of WHO guideline for drinking water quality, 4th Ed., WHO Series, Geneva, 2012.
- World Health Organization, Ammonia in drinking water-background document for development of WHO guideline for drinking water quality, 4th Ed., WHO Series, Geneva, 2013.
- Wu, T., Song, L., Li, W. et al. An overview of BCC climate system model development and application for climate change studies. Acta Meteorol Sin 28, 34–56 (2014).