Nowadays, due to the fact that we are living in the era of technology, teachers are required to use interactive and innovative methods in the classroom. Movie or film is one of the crucial part in the teaching process so that it can improve learners English skills. English films can help students to enhance their listening and speaking competences, their creativity and social backgrounds. This article describes the importance of films that are used as a teacher aid in order to teach the English language for ESL learners.
technology films language instruction classroom interaction
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
How to Cite
PhD, docent Rustamova Adash Eshankulovna, & Student, Sharifova Diyora Sharofjon qizi. (2023). The importance of using movies in teaching and learning the English language in ESL classroom. Journal of Pedagogical Inventions and Practices, 18, 29–31. Retrieved from https://zienjournals.com/index.php/jpip/article/view/3511
- Adash, Eshankulovna Rustamova ACADEMICIA: An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal ISSN: 2249-7137 Vol. 12, Issue 01, January 2022 SJIF 2021 = 7.492 A peer reviewed journal.
- Adash, Eshankulovna Rustamova THE TRADITIONAL AND INNOVATIVE METHODS IN TEACHING FOREIGN LANGUAGES TO PRIMARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. International Multidisciplinary Scientific Practical Conference on Applied Science and Humanities Boston, USA October, 10th 2021 conferencepublication.com.
- Adash, Eshankulovna Rustamova THE ROLE OF CARTOONS IN FOREIGN LANGUAGE TEACHING IN PRESCHOOLEDUCATION. International Multidisciplinary Scientific Practical Conference on Applied Science and Humanities Boston, USA October, 10th 2021 conferencepublication.com.
- Jerry Jesness, Simon and Schuster, 2014. Teaching English Language Learners K–12: A Quick-Start Guide for the New Teacher,
- Neena Dash & M. Dash. Teaching English as an Additional Language, Atlantic Publishers & Dist, 2007.
- Thinking in English: A New Perspective on Teaching ESL
- John Muciaccia, R&L Education, 2012. Reference,Information and Interdisciplinary Subjects Series,
- Penny Ur. Teaching Listening Comprehension, Cambridge Handbooks for Language Teachers.