As the world has become more globalized, English has become the “world language”(Brutt Giffle,2002). English has been gaining its high status since it is a language of communication and exchanging ideas in the world, therefore, everyone who is involved in education, business and commerce is supposed to know the language at a certain level. Mufwene(2002) emphasizes that “English is the first foreign language in many Asian countries and is seen as the key determinant of economic survival for countries in a changing socioeconomic ecology.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
- D.J Kaiser. (2018).Growing Your Own Onion: Teachers as Writers of Language Planning and Policy Proposals (pp.8-9).https://doi.org/10.4324/9780203836507.ch54.
- Kaplan, Robert B. "Macro language planning." Handbook of research in second language teaching and learning 2 (2011): 924-935.
- Muhammad Imran Rasheed, AsadAfzalHumayon, UsamaAwan&Affanud Din Ahmed. (2016).Factors affecting teachers’ motivation.International Journal of Educational Management.
- Khalid HusnyArar&AsmahanMassry-Herzllah. (2016). Motivation to teach: the case of Arab teachers in Israel. (Online) Journal homepage: http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/ceds20.ISSN: 0305-5698.
- Hasanova, D. (2007). Broadening the boundaries of the Expanding Circle: English in Uzbekistan. World Englishes, 26(3), 276-290.
- Catherine Chua SiewKheng and Richard B. Baldauf (2007) Global language (De) Colonization in the New Era.